Monday, October 11, 2010

Hair Care Of Movie Stars From The Past


There is too much information and too many links for me to turn this into a simple blog post. I found some unexpected, fabulous, very hair friendly and innovative information on how the hair of stars like Carole Lombard, Rita Hayworth and Veronica Lake was actually prepared, during filming a movie. Research on coconut oil supports the information.

I analyzed the movie star articles, which contain no recipes or preparations for creating the oil shampoos mentioned, minus the one used on Veronica Lake. I found and posted the shampoo ingredients, which are incomplete and it needed to be stripped off of her hair every morning before being reapplied. This is an exception and works very differently to the oil shampoos used on Carole Lombard and Rita Hayworth. I analyzed coconut oil research and further research. I applied my own product knowledge learned through my research and personal experimentation with catnip and I created two methods. One is to duplicate the results of the shampoos used on the other two movies stars, a shampoo method and the second, an oiling method, which can be used on its own, or on hair washed with the shampoo method.

The oiling method is designed to allow coconut, or other vegetable oils high in lauric acid to penetrate hair more than partially and even partially is very restricted to impossible, when oiling hair with problematic coatings on it. Vegetable oils that are high in lauric acid can penetrate hair to the cortex with my methods and condition it from both the inside and on the surface.

Note: Most fractionated coconut oils contain no to almost no lauric acid. They are not suitable to be used for either method.

Update November 20, 2012
I have also done more research on the shampoo method and modified it, to make the method easier to follow and even more effective. That information is not here or anywhere else online at present. It is not available at this time.

Plagiarism